When tough moments become the norm, parenting can feel exhausting! Parent Coaching offers parents and caregivers techniques and strategies to meet the unique needs and strengths of your child. We can help you build the number of joyful and connecting moments with your child while decreasing the frustrating ones.
Parent Coaching provides a safe place to help you gain insight into your parenting style, increase your understanding of child development, learn new techniques, and work through parenting challenges. Parent Coaching is about providing you with the tools you need to be successful while building meaningful connections with your child.
Common Parenting Tools Include:
• Strategies to handle yelling, tantrums, and meltdowns
• Identifying practical tools to help your child (and yourself) with emotion regulation
• Techniques for challenging behaviors, power struggles, and limit-setting
• Ways to handle sibling rivalry
• Strategies for bedtime battles
• Techniques to strengthen the parent-child relationship
• Making developmentally sound modifications based on a child’s diagnosis and/or disability.
Child-Parent Relationship Training:
Parent Coaching for young children can sometimes take the form of Child-Parent Relationship Training (CPRT) or Filial Therapy. CPRT is a structured and time-limited training model in which parents of young children are trained in play therapy skills, similar to how therapists are taught, with the goal of empowering parents with the skills and tools to strengthen their relationship with their child.
CPRT is a play-based approach that builds on the inherent strength of the Parent-Child Relationship. Parents learn skills to support their child and discover the keys to enhancing and strengthening the parent-child bond.