When tough moments become the norm, parenting can feel exhausting! Parent Coaching at Full Circle Counseling and Family Services, PLLC in Dallas, TX offers parents and caregivers techniques and strategies to meet the unique needs and strengths of your child. We can help you build the number of joyful and connecting moments with your child while decreasing the frustrating ones.
Parent Coaching provides a safe place in which to gain insight into your parenting style, identify strengths and weaknesses, better understand child development, learn age appropriate expectations and work through parenting challenges. Parent Coaching is about providing you with the tools you need to be successful!
Common Parenting Challenges Include:
- How to handle yelling, tantrums and meltdowns
- Identifying practical tools to help your child (and yourself) with emotion regulation techniques
- Strategies for effective discipline and limit setting
- How to overcome power struggles and create alignment with your child
- Effective positive reinforcement techniques
- How to handle sibling rivalry
- Strategies for bedtime battles
Parent Coaching for young children often takes the form of Child-Parent Relationship Training (CPRT) or Filial Therapy. CPRT is a structured and time-limited training model in which parents of young children are trained in play therapy skills, similarly to how therapists are taught in graduate school, with the goal of empowering parents to be the change agent for their child.
CPRT is a play-based approach that builds on the inherent strength of the Parent-Child Relationship. Parents learn skills to manage their children’s behavior and anxieties, and discover the keys to enhancing and strengthening the parent-child bond.